Payroll & Benefits
The Payroll and Benefits office generates the biweekly payroll for all city employees, including the School Department, and manages the various benefit programs offered by the city.
Questions on your payroll? City employees, please contact City Hall payroll office. School employees, please contact payroll at Central Office (978)345-3214.
Regarding benefit rates, all City employees should refer to the 24 pay period rates. The 20 pay period rates are designed only for some school employees. If you are not sure which rates apply to you, please contact our office for more information.
2021 Open Enrollment
May 10th – May 21st
This is your once-a-year opportunity to make changes to your benefits, without a qualifying event. During this open enrollment you can:
- Add, cancel, or change your coverage
- Add or remove eligible family members
- Enroll or re-enroll in the Health / Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
If you do not wish to make a change, your benefits will automatically roll over with the exception of the Cafeteria Plan Advisors, flexible spending account. This is the only benefit that requires renewal each year.
What’s New / What’s Changing:
Blue Cross Blue Shield Medical Coverage:
- 3.5% premium increase for each plan
- No changes
- NEW BENEFIT – EyeMed Vision Plan
- Cafeteria Plan Advisors Health FSA – Roll-over amount increases to $550 for 2021-2022
- Boston Mutual Life Insurance – No changes
- Colonial Life - No changes
- Aflac – All Long Term Disability participants will be contacted by Aflac regarding changes.
Deadline to change or enroll is: Friday, May 21, 2021