The City of Fitchburg City Clerk's Office is seeking Election Workers for polling places during the upcoming municipal elections on September 26 and November 7, 2023.
- Must be a registered Massachusetts Voter
- Comfort level and or proficiency with technology
- Attention to detail
- Basic counting and alphabetizing skills
- Professional and pleasant demeanor
- Bi Lingual is highly preferred, but not required
Election Worker Responsibilities May Include:
- Help in the setup of the voting location on Election Day.
- Prevent interference with the voting process and assists voters in accordance with the law.
- Check voters in, hand out ballots, and direct voters to voting stations.
- Help voters who may have difficulties voting due to sight and physical limitations.
- Oversee the completion of forms for challenged and provisional ballots.
- Read and record the number of ballots cast before, during, and at the close of the polls.
- Help with various assignments required to secure the closing of the polls.
Election Workers will be expected to attend mandatory training prior to the elections. Election Workers are expected to work a full day shift with lunch breaks. Elections run from 7:00 AM till 8:00 PM. Election Workers will receive $15 per hour payment for all shifts worked and the mandatory training.
Interested residents should complete the Election Worker Application Packet and submit the application to firstname.lastname@example.org or by returning the packet to the City Clerk's Office at 718 Main Street, Fitchburg, MA 01420.
For more information please contact the City Clerk's Office at 978-829-1820 or email questions to email@example.com.