The City of Fitchburg Parks Department will begin accepting permit applications for City of Fitchburg Youth & Adult Sports operating in City Parks on June 15, 2020 with the following restrictions:
- Outdoor Athletic Fields for baseball, softball, soccer and multiuse will reopen for permitted uses. Permits must be approved by Parks and Recreation Department before activities start.
- Contact sport activities limited to drill and skill activities. Social distance must be maintained. Games, Tournaments and scrimmages are not allowed. (i.e. baseball, football, soccer, street hockey, etc.)
- Non-Contact sport activities limited to drills, skills and internal team scrimmages. Social distance must be maintained. Games, tournaments and inter-team scrimmages are not allowed. (i.e. tennis)
- Organizers are asked to limited nonessential visitors, staff, spectators and volunteers.
- Organizers will be expected to limit chaperones and spectators during this time and enforce social distancing.
- Participants must be separated into groups of no more than 10, including coaches, staff and volunteers. Groups can utilize the same field or court as long as each group is spaced at least 20 feet apart.
- Participants, Staff, Volunteers and spectators must wear a face covering when unable to appropriately social distance.
- Organizers must follow guidelines set by the Massachusetts Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs for Outdoor Adult Sports , Supervised Youth Sports Leagues and Sports summer camps – Phase II
- Organizers can apply online at https://fitchburgma.viewpointcloud.com/categories/1084/record-types/6521. All applications must be approved by the Health Department before the Parks Department will issue a permit. Please include a COVID-19 Control Plan in your application.