Covid-19 Library Services
The library is now open by appointment for browsing, computer use, or Youth Library visits. During all regular business hours, we are still here to help you! Please reach out to us by phone (978-829-1780), email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or our Ask a Librarian form with any questions you may have.
- Visit the Library by Appointment
- Browsing (Adult Library)
- Curbside Pickup Service (including information on returns and due dates)
- Printing and Faxing via Curbside
- Library Cards
- Holds & Interlibrary Loans
- Electronic Resources
- Virtual Events
- Tax Assistance & Forms
Visit the Library by Appointment
Browsing Appointments (Adult Library)
The adult library is now open for browsing by appointment! Please call 978-829-1780 to book an appointment. Curbside Services will continue as usual for those that prefer it.
Appointments are at 2:00pm and 3:00pm, Monday-Saturday, as well as 6:00pm on Tuesday evenings. You will have up to 40 minutes to browse the first floor of the library before checking out.
You must correctly wear a mask at all times while in the library. That means your nose and mouth are covered. You must sanitize your hands upon entry into the building.
Remember to bring your library card!
Computer Use by Appointment
The following rules apply:
- Please arrive at your appointment time, call us to let us know you are here, and wait for the librarian to escort you into the building. Computer sessions will end one hour after the original appointment time, regardless of arrival time.
- A library card is not required to use the computers at this time.
- You must correctly wear a mask at all times while in the library. That means your nose and mouth are covered. You must sanitize your hands upon entry into the building.
- Please remain within the designated area around your computer, unless printing or copying.
- If you require assistance, please message the librarian using the chat function located on the computer desktop. Please do NOT approach the Reference Desk.
- If you will need hands on help, please consider bringing someone with you who can assist. Maximum of two people for one computer per time slot.
- Please know your email address and password, and any other account log in information you may need. We cannot help you recover a forgotten account.
- Printing is available at $0.10 per page, and you may make photocopies at $0.15 per page. Please have change with you.
- At the end of your session, please carefully remove the plastic covering from the keyboard and from the mouse and discard them in the provided trash can.
Youth Library Visits by Appointment
Please call the Youth Library directly at 978-829-1789 to make an appointment. You may also email email@example.com if you would like an appointment for a future date (please call with same-day requests). Appointment times vary, based on staff availability.
Masks are required and hand sanitizer will be available upon entering. Children are welcomed to join you, but please be aware that all of the toys have been put away and they will not be able to play on the computers.
Curbside Pickup Services
Curbside Hours are:
Mondays and Tuesdays, 10:00am-7:00pm; Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, 10:00am-5:00pm; Saturdays 10:00am-4:00pm
Requesting Items for Pickup
This can be done in one of three ways:
If you don’t have specific items in mind, please call or email us - a librarian will be happy to select some titles for you! You can also ask us for book recommendations with our new online form!
You will be notified by phone or email when your request is ready. When you arrive, please enter the main door and wait at the table between the double-doors (one person at a time). For faster service, or if you need items brought out to your car, call 978-829-1780, option 3, when you arrive and give us your name and last 4 digits of your library card number. Please maintain 6 feet social distancing and wear your mask.
Printing, Faxing & Photocopies
Yes, you can still print and fax with us! Pick up your items curbside.
Printing: If you have something that you need printed, you can email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or upload it to our remote printing service. We will call or email you when your print job is ready to pick up curbside. If you need it printed in a hurry, please give us a a call to let us know you sent something. Please bring exact change (10 cents per page B&W, $1.00 per page color).
Faxing: Stop by the front door during our regular curbside hours. A staff member will take your paperwork and we will send the fax while you wait! Please bring exact change ($1.00 for the first page, 50 cents for each additional page).
Photocopies: Stop by the front door during our regular curbside hours. A staff member will take your paperwork and we will make yours copies while you wait! Please bring exact change (15 cents per page).
To sign up for a new library card, please call us (978-829-1780). Or, you may fill out this online form and a staff member will be in touch within 1-2 business days.
If your library card has expired, or if you have any problems accessing online resources with your card, please give us a call so we can get your account updated.
Holds & Interlibrary Loans
Statewide delivery service has resumed as of June 22, 2020, but please note the service is not running as quickly as it did pre-COVID. Library staff will contact you when your items are available for curbside pickup.
ComCat has reopened for requests as of September 21. As with statewide delivery, please allow extra time for your items to arrive.
Visit cwmars.overdrive.com or download the Libby app to access ebooks and audiobooks available for download.
To access ALL of the FPL resources available to you online, visit our Ebooks & Digital Resources page.
- These resources include:
- Novelist (book recommendations and read-alikes).
- A-Z World Food (free recipe database).
- Freegal (stream and download music).
- Gale Databases.
- NewsBank (access to Sentinel archives and vetted sources for world and national news).
- Ancestry.com (available free from home through March 31, 2021, thanks to ProQuest) & HeritageQuest.
- and many more!
We are holding library events virtually! Please view our online calendar for upcoming events.
Tax Assistance & Forms
Due to volunteer shortages, the AARP Tax-Aide Program will not be hosted at FPL this year. We apologize for the inconvenience this causes our patrons. You may try other locations from the directory of other AARP Tax-Aide sites, or search for a VITA Tax Prep site nearby. Please note that volunteer shortages and COVID restrictions mean that appointments at all sites are very limited this year.
Consider filing your federal taxes online for free with IRS Free File, supported by software partners like TurboTax and TaxSlayer. Browse the offers and find one that you qualify for on the IRS Free File website.
Explore free options for filing your state taxes online through the MA Department of Revenue's eFile program.
Tax forms & instructions are here and available for pickup Curbside (if you need a specific form, please call ahead). Forms can also be printed from the IRS website, or request forms to be mailed to you by calling 800-829-3676.