DATE: October 15, 2021
TO: Winter Operations Contractors
FROM: Chief Procurement Officer
RE: REGISTRATION FOR WINTER OPERATIONS
DUE DATE: November 1st at 2:00 pm
• Hourly rates have been established and are included in the contract document.
• Registration/Contract is enclosed.
• Registrations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
• Registration, including proof of insurance, driver, and vehicle list, is due by deadline above.
• If you do not submit your registration by the deadline, you may not receive your previous route assignment.
• Acceptance of registration is solely at the discretion of the City. Not all registrations are guaranteed assignment.
• If regular route is not assigned, you may be added to a backup list.
• The Department of Public Works reserves the right to schedule a meeting for winter operations contractors at or near the start of the winter season. Contractors will be notified of the meeting date and time.
• INCOMPLETE PACKAGES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED AND WILL BE MAILED BACK TO YOU. IT IS THE CONTRACTOR’S RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THAT ALL DOCUMENTATION IS RETURNED.
RETURN COMPLETED FORMS & VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION LIST TO:
Fitchburg Department of Public Works, 301 Broad Street, Fitchburg, MA 01420
Attention: Courtney Lamoureux, Business Manager, 978-829-1903
INSURANCE CERTIFICATES & RETURNS:
Instructions for your insurance company are attached; please provide this page to your agent. Insurance certificates must be completed in accordance with the instructions and emailed to or provided to the City with the Registration/Contract.
Please note, minimum insurance requirements for this season are as follows:
• Effective October 2021 - Commercial Automobile Liability - at least $250,000 per person/$500,000 per accident for Bodily Injury, and $250,000 Property Damage per accident.
• Instructions for your Insurance Company – send this to your insurance agent
• Registration/Contract Form – to be returned to DPW
• Vehicle identification list – to be returned to DPW
• List of authorized drivers- to be returned to DPW
• Workers Compensation Exemption Form – to be returned to DPW if applicable
• W-9 Form – to be returned to DPW
• COVID-19 Protocols for Plowing- to be returned to DPW