- Elected & Appointed Officials
- Boards & Commissions
- Public Burial Grounds
Trustees of Public Burial Grounds
REGULAR MEETINGS ARE HELD AT:
- 9:00 a.m.
- 3rd Thursday of every month, excluding July, August and December
- City of Fitchburg City Hall, West Meeting Room, 1st Floor, 718 Main Street, Fitchburg, MA 01420
AGENDAS & MINUTES
View most recent agendas and minutes.
- Judith Perla, Chair and Clerk
- Andrew Hawthorne
- Michelle Antaya Sciabarrasi
Purpose and ResponsibilitiesThe Board of Trustees for Public Burial Grounds for the City of Fitchburg is charged with maintaining the cleanliness and orderliness of Fitchburg public cemeteries. They are tasked with developing and maintaining a research file for each historic cemetery of those interred, and living descendants.
The commission is also charged with overseeing and maintaining records of contemporary burials in cemeteries allowed by law for proven descendants or those given permission by living descendants. The Trustees are responsible for the policies as they relate to the City’s public cemeteries.