- 2:00 pm
- Typically the 2nd Wednesday of every month, excluding August
- Meetings are on-line
Please join our meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone
You can also dial in: 1-669-884-3412
Access Code 474-900-765
- All meetings are open to the public
Agendas & Minutes
View most recent agendas and minutes.
- Basil Tolos, Chair
- Sharon Tardiff
- Carolyn Quirk
- Doris Matte
- Deanna Tardiff
Purpose & Responsibilities
The Commission on Disability's mission is “To enhance the quality of life for people with disabilities in Fitchburg by raising awareness and promoting compliance with, and adoption of, relevant laws and regulations.”
If you have questions or issues related to accessibility in Fitchburg, the Fitchburg Disability Commission may be able to provide you with the information you need or advocate on your behalf.
Per Chapter 3 Article 34 of the City Code this commission is tasked with:
- The investigation and research of local concerns and issues of persons with disabilities and to make recommendations as a result thereof
- To coordinate and or carry out programs designed to meet the needs of persons with disabilities
- To provide information, referrals, guidance and technical assistance to individuals, public agencies, businesses, and organizations on matters relating to disabilities
- To review and make recommendations about the policies, procedures, services, activities and facilities of municipal departments, boards or agencies as they affect persons with disabilities
The Commission is comprised of between five and eleven volunteers, of whom a majority shall be persons with a disability. Of the membership one member must be an elected or appointed official of the City and one member shall be a family member of a person with a disability. Volunteers are appointed for three year terms by the Mayor and are subject to approval by the City Council.