- There are no alerts at this time.
Update to Private Well Regulations
Following the recent classification by MassDEP of PFAS chemicals as contaminants in drinking water, the Board of Health is considering a revision of the Well Regulations adopted in June 2018 to include, amongst other things, testing for PFAS chemicals in private wells at construction and property transfers. We are looking for feedback from the community on the proposed changes prior to adoption. Please contact Steve Curry or Jean-Francois Leblanc with your feedback, suggestions, questions or comments.
Landfill Drop-off Sticker renewals
Renew on-line now! Your sticker will be mailed to you click here
The Trash and Recycling calendar is now in electronic form. Please see below. You can also download it as an app on your smartphone or tablet by going to your app store and searching for the Fitchburg Trash & Recycling Tool. This tool also allows you to research how to dispose off or recycle most items by using the Waste Wizard, to sign up to receive notifications such as a collection day reminder or receive information such as special collections or collection delays! No smart phone required, if you sign up online, to receive notifications. Enter your address below and sign up now!
Let's Clean up our recycling cart!
The City has partnered with MassDEP in an effort to reduce our recycling contamination level. In this endeavor, recycling carts will be inspected and those that do not follow proper recycling guidelines will be tagged and rejected. These carts will need to be removed from the curb and the offending items identified on the tag will need to be removed from the cart. The hauler will not return for an additional collection and the cart will be emptied at the next scheduled collection. Please follow the proper recycling guidelines highlighted here.
- What do I need to apply for a residential kitchen permit?
- What do I need to start a Mobile Food Truck?
- I would like to start a restaurant or food business in the City of Fitchburg. Who do I contact?
- How do I respond to a sewage backup in a food establishment?
- How do I respond to a flood in a food establishment?
- What are the Duties of the Person in Charge?
- How do I start a food truck, push cart or ice cream truck?
- How do I file a complaint about a Fitchburg food business?
- Do I need a temporary food permit?
- How can I get an inspection of my home?
- What are the Landfill hours?
- What do I do with my used Christmas tree?
- My trash or recycling was not picked up. Who do I notify?
- How can I get my trash or recycling cart repaired?
- What if something does not fit in my cart?
The Board of Health
The Board of Health is a three member board which oversees the Health Department.
Massachusetts General Laws authorizes the Board of Health to make reasonable regulations to accomplish its goal to maintain, protect and improve the health, safety and well-being of the people of Fitchburg.
Click here for the Board of Health Page.